For Sale By Owner or FSBO has long been an option that many people look into when it is time to sell their home. They do so for a variety of reasons. However, usually it is simply because they are trying to save the expense of hiring a real estate agent. Ideally, this means that homes sold by owner should even be less expensive than others, making them more desirable. The price of a FSBO home is often at least 5% cheaper than a comparable one listed by an agent.
Finding homes, which are for sale by owner, is not always the easiest thing to do. It requires a little extra work because you simply can not call up an agent and give her the specifications of what you are looking for. By putting the following tips to work, you will be well on your way to finding great FSBO home sales in the area you want.
1. Check out websites that feature free classified ads like Craiglist.org and other local real estate web sites that offer low cost for sale ads. Even eBay has a section for real estate that is worth investigating.
2. Check out specialized websites that offer just by owner ads. More of these are starting up and usually have an option to search by city or even zip code, to tailor your search.
3. Get the local newspaper daily, but especially on Sunday when there are larger featured real estate sections, and check it thoroughly for the by owner ads.
4. Drive slowly through the areas and neighborhoods you would like to buy in and take notes on homes with a sign that does not have a real estate broker's information on it. It may or may not say for sale by owner.
5. Check local real estate publications. Often there are free real estate magazines available in grocery stores, libraries and other public places. While a majority of ads will be for real estate agent listings, there are often for sale by owner ads too.
6. Use your social network. Tell your friends that you are looking to find a sale by owner home and if they know one of please pass along the information. It is surprising how often someone in your circle may know of a home that is not even on the market yet. You may get first dibs. If you have a Facebook, MySpace or other social networking account, make a mention that you are looking for a FSBO home.
7. Contact a real estate agent. Some FSBO owners will be willing to co-op with real estate agents and agents and will often be aware of such listings.
8. Check the MLS or Multiple Listing Service because many owners will pay the flat fee to list their home there for the added exposure it brings.
By taking such steps you will be well on your way to finding every FSBO home in the market you are looking to buy in. These are great ways to find a good deal. Just be sure that you involve a real estate lawyer so that you have all your bases covered and you have not missed anything vital in the transaction.
Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg
Der Immoblienmakler für Heidelberg Mannheim und Karlsruhe
Wir verkaufen für Verkäufer zu 100% kostenfrei
Schnell, zuverlässig und zum Höchstpreis
Source by Jason Kay