When selling your home, it is extremely important to show your home at its potential. Here are a few simple things you can do to increase the attractiveness of your home to potential buyers while still keeping within a budget. Some of these items are do-it yourself projects and some require the help of a professional. Either way these changes will help you get top dollar for your home and also have a great return on investment.
In cost ascending order, here is what you can do to better present your home:
1) De-clutter, De-clutter, De-clutter – This is probably the most cost effective improvement you can choose to do. When it comes to showing your home, less is more. Remove religious items, family photos, gadgets and knickknacks. Keep in mind, you want the buyer to remember the home and not your collection of seashells.
2) Clean – I know you are busy, but grab the glass cleaner and the vacuum and get rid of those dust mites and smudgy windows.
3) Upgrade hardware – Are those handles on your kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors still from the 70's? Changing the hardware is a simple and cost effective way to give a new, modern look to an old cupboard door.
4) Upgrade light fixtures- Along the same lines as # 3, change old, outdated light fixtures and electrical cover plates. These are cheap to replace yet make a huge difference in the appearance of a room. Do not forget to make sure to replace burnt out light bulbs as well.
5) Paint – Freshen up the interior of your home with a new coat of paint. Use a neutral color to make the space appear larger than it is and also to allow the buyer to envision their own furniture in the space. Neutral colors are the best way to go as it allows the buyer to remember the space and not the bright orange wall color you chose in the 80's.
6) Upgrade flooring – I know the old shag rug in the living room is a classic, but a potential buyer probably will not agree. If it's in your budget, replace it with simple, neutral broadloom or hardwood floors. If hardwood is way out of your budget, opt for laminate.
7) Kitchen Upgrades – We all know women make the final decision when buying a home. We also know that one of the first rooms a woman looks at is the kitchen. If it's not in your budget to re-model the kitchen then consider replacing those old appliances with stainless steel. Stainless steel appliances are sleek and will give your home that modern touch.
8) Curb Appeal – OK, so the interior of the home is looking spiffy, we can not forget about the exterior – after all the front yard is the first thing the buyer sees when they pull up to the home. Make a good impression and make the home more inviting. Grab that lawn mower and hedge trimmer and add a few flowers. In today's market climate it is more important than ever to make your home more attractive to potential buyers. After all, you only get one chance at a first impression so why not make it a good one!Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg
Der Immoblienmakler für Heidelberg Mannheim und Karlsruhe
Wir verkaufen für Verkäufer zu 100% kostenfrei
Schnell, zuverlässig und kompetent
Source by Joy Paterson