When it comes to commercial real estate prospecting, the agent or salesperson really does need a personal system that is implemented every day. The system can then adjusted and optimized as results come in.
Unfortunately the majority of commercial salespeople and realtors neglect the prospecting process due to one of the following reasons:
- Not enough time
- Diversion of time to existing clients and listings
- Failure to get organised
- Inability to research the right information
- Prospecting and call reluctance
- Failure to collect the right information into a database
The fact of the matter is that prospecting really works. It does however require a degree of personal discipline and skill development; this then always falls back on the individual salesperson and for the reasons above, the success rate is low.
Some of the best tips and tricks for finding opportunities in the marketplace centre firstly on a salesperson taking consistent daily action. Prospecting is a personal process and you cannot delegate it.
If you can and will take consistent action, then some of the following strategies really work. Importantly you can choose the ones that work for you.
- The telephone is an excellent tool of contact and it will save you a lot of time. The process of call contact requires practice and diligence. The telephone book and the online telephone registers will help you.
- Do not be afraid to put a person’s name or title into the search engines on the internet. Sometimes you will get the answer or lead that you want.
- Always do your property and call research the night before you make your calls. In this way you will optimise your call time. The research is built around action and writing things down on a standard template that can be used in your prospecting process.
- Identify the owners of all the larger property in the local area. Find out who they are and make personal contact. It should be said that finding these people can be slow as the actual contact detail will require research and diligence. Ask questions of tenants and business owners; it is remarkable how much other people know about the local property owners and will share with you.
- Dedicate 2 to 3 hours every day to prospecting and cold calling. This work should be done in a systemised way so you do not waste time and you can optimise the process as you go.
- Use the business pages of the telephone book or yellow pages as a source of finding local businesses to call.
- Expect to get a large number of refusals or missed person calls. The secret to making your prospecting work is in the process and your ability to keep the whole thing moving ahead.
Prospecting is not hard. It just takes personal process and that is why so many salespeople struggle. Isn’t that a great reason to do the calls and create the meetings? Opportunity only comes to those that try and never give up.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg
Der Immoblienmakler für Heidelberg Mannheim und Karlsruhe
Wir verkaufen für Verkäufer zu 100% kostenfrei
Schnell, zuverlässig und kompetent
Source by John Highman