A professional sign is one of your most important marketing tools. Next to an MLS listing, your sign is just one more way to promote your for sale by owner property.
Why is a FSBO sign so important?
Professional signs help attract attention to your home from everyone in your neighborhood and from those who happen to pass by it. If your home is on a major road, a professional FSBO sign is a definite must. The yard sign provides a visual cue to homebuyers letting them know where they can get more information about your FSBO property.
Many sellers – for sale by owner and otherwise – don’t want a yard sign because they don’t want the neighbors to know they are selling their home.
Truth is… there is no such thing as secret marketing. Keeping the sale of your FSBO home secret is counter-productive. Let everyone know your home is for sale. For sale by owner signs are just one of the ways to do it.
If you choose to use a FSBO sign, here are some do’s and don’ts:
The Do’s of For Sale By Owner Signs —
- When you purchase your FSBO flat fee MLS listing, purchase a FSBO sign from your flat fee MLS provider.
- Include your MLS #, property website URL and your contact information.
- Make sure the sign says “Agents Welcome” – Having an MLS # and the notice “Agents Welcome” gives peace of mind to buyer’s agents that you are offering a buyer’s agent commission if they bring a buyer for your home.
- Do have a brochure box filled with your feature flyers next to your FSBO sign.
The Don’ts of For Sale By Owner Signs —
- Don’t use the generic For Sale By Owner Sign. Real estate agents are hesitant to approach for sale by owner sellers (unless they’re trying to get your business) for fear you may not pay the buyer’s agent commission. List on the MLS and use a sign that reads “Agents Welcome” to eliminate this fear of working with a for sale by owner sellers.
- Don’t hand write a sign. Having a professional looking FSBO sign is part of marketing your home like a pro and competing with agent listings.
As a FSBO seller, it is important to use all of the marketing tools available to you. A professional FSBO sign with the right agent message and property information will make it easy for buyers to find your property. And it will make it easy for you to spread the word about your FSBO property for sale.
Source by Lisa Y Henderson